Our “Condensed” Joggling Boards are hand crafted in the same traditional style as our Original Joggling Boards, but we’ve shortened up the length to make them fit today’s more compact porches, decks and patios. Our Eight and 10 foot joggling boards are also ideal for inside seating as an entry bench or functional living room decor. We have sold several eight foot joggling boards to serve as bench seating for traditional Lowcountry dining rooms.
- “Charleston Green” (almost black)
- Charleston Green originated after the American Civil War, when the North provided black paint to the South for use in its reconstruction. Charlestonians, refused to paint the city in Yankee black, so they mixed the black with a little bit of Rebel Yellow and created Charleston green. This color looks black unless the sun hits it just right, and then the color registers a very dark forest green
- Haint Blue
- A mellow shade of blue which blends into the color of the sky, the paint of choice for many porches across the Lowcountry is Haint Blue. Its name is rooted in it the superstition that it will ward off evil spirits.
- Seafoam Green
- Light and airy – From the turquoise or teal family, but more green than blue. Light and creamy, not bold or overbearing.
- An intense, bright red, almost fire engine red.
- A soft light pink, but bold enough to hold its own. This pink transforms our children’s joggling board into the perfect centerpiece for a little girl’s room.
- Custom Color
- Pick your own custom color! We source our coatings from Sherwin Williams, so choosing one of their colors helps ensure a perfect match.