Are you handy and like saving money? If so, our DIY joggling board might be the right fit for you and your family!
Included from the factory is everything to assemble your joggling board rockers. We teach you how to locally source a 2×12, which you should be able to find for under $40 depending on the size, and how to shape it into a top board for your joggler. See sizing guidance below. In the box, we also include The Joggle Factory Charleston Green paint and our water-based primer. Other items that ship with the DIY joggling board are listed below.
How is this saving you money? You are mostly saving on shipping. If you are interested in how hard we fight for fair shipping prices you can read about it here.
Purchase modern rockers for a porch that can fit a 6’ – 12’. Purchase traditional size rockers if your porch can fit a 14’ – 16’.
Recommended tools needed:
- Hammer or mallet
- Wet rag
- Jigsaw with wood cutting blade – the less TPI (teeth per inch) the easier it is to cut, but it will also require more sanding then the higher TPI blades
- Router and 3/4- or 1/2-inch round over bit (OPTIONAL)
- Wood filler (OPTIONAL)
- Ice cold IPA or your favorite beverage
Included in the box:
- 2 unpainted assembled rocker uprights
- 4 unpainted rocker feet
- 4 unpainted finials
- 2 unpainted pin stoppers for use on the top board
- 8 Dominos
- 1 container with glue
- 1 glue brush
- 1 brass plaque
- 1 quart of The Joggle Factory Charleston Green
- 1 quart of water-based primer
- 1 chip brush for painting
- 1 sheet of sandpaper
- 1 1 1/8” paddle drill bit
- 2 nails (for holding pin stoppers during paint)
- 1 really cool sticker