Close your eyes. Just imagine a warm moonlit evening with family and friends swaying side to side on your joggling board, sipping on sweet wine while devouring salty meats, speciality cheeses, fresh fruits, and vegetables, all while pinching off pieces of freshly baked bread served in a locally handmade Sweetgrass basket. Does it get any more Southern then that?
Sweetgrass baskets have a historic significance to the African culture here in the Lowcountry, where the coiled basketry appeared in South Carolina in the late 17th century. All of Ms. Jennifer Mazyck’s Sweetgrass baskets are made of Sweetgrass, long leaf pine needles for contrast of color, and palmetto as a binder. To read more about Jennifer Mazyck and Sweetgrass baskets click here.
- Handmade in Mount Pleasant, SC
- Each Sweetgrass rose is 10 inches
- 1 loop basket is 7 inches x 3 inches, recommended for small
- 2 loop basket is 8 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches
- Each Rose and Basket is approximate, as there are no patterns for baskets, each will be
unique for you
Spray with cold water, let air dry